A vacancy has arisen within Technical Services for a Control & Instrumentation Engineer reporting to the Section Manager – CE&I and CMS, based at the ETC office in Capenhurst.
The role will support the provision of C&I design deliverables to projects and discrete work packages, with respect to Core Process Technology (CPT), in line with the Customer’s Functional Requirements, the principles of ETC’s Core Plant Design (CPD) and delivered to an agreed standard and schedule.
- Carry out all duties to the highest standards of health, safety and environmental requirements
- Production of detailed technical specifications, including equipment functional specifications and control system logic specifications
- Generation of specifications and logic simulation programs for control system designs and simulation of control system performance
- Generation of specifications for control system hardware
- Working with subcontractors, checking and approval of detail design drawing
- Checking of suppliers’ test specifications and attendance of tests at suppliers’ factories
- Liaise with the Section Head and other specialist engineers within the section to understand the engineering requirements to ensure the satisfactory delivery of work
- Presentation of information for technical reviews
- Customer facing activities such as presentation of design information and demonstration of equipment or software at ETC or customer premises
- Analyse plant process, commissioning and test data and to establish areas for performance and efficiency improvements
- Develop and maintain core reference design standards for all aspects of control system design
- Capability to develop project proposals including schedule and cost forecasts
- Ability to manage project deliverables and provide clear status reporting to internal and external stakeholders
- Requirement for travel to European suppliers and other ETC/customer sites
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- A good quality degree in electrical or electronic engineering or related discipline
- Experience of specifying or designing control systems for a range of applications in process factories and the capability to produce high quality written specifications and reports
- Experience of work with a range of subcontractors in a multinational organisation and supervision of the provision of design information by subcontractors
- PLC hardware requirements including I/O capability, network communications and power supply requirements
- Control cabinet construction requirements
- Compliance with assessment standards such as UKCA, CE and UL
- Instrumentation design including measurement range, measurement techniques, accuracy and EMC compatibility
- Knowledge of PLC programming requirements and standard
- SCADA design and configuration including standards for user interface and alarm management
- Practical experience of equipment testing
- Good interpersonal skills and a high level of computer literacy
- An ability to speak French or German in addition to English would be an advantage
Firstly, joining Enrichment Technology Company Limited will make you a team member within a group of enthusiastic and motivated individuals, who share goals and take pride in their work, achieving great results.
Secondly, in addition to a competitive salary, the package offers attractive benefits including:
- Company performance bonus
- 25 days holiday rising to 28 days after 6 years’ service.
- All statutory Bank Holidays.
- Optional Working from home up to 2 days per week (subject to security and business need)
- One additional day-off every 4 weeks
- Generous flexi-time
- Flexi day-off once per month subject to accumulated working hours
- Company Sick Pay
- Defined contribution pension scheme
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like to apply for this role, please email Michelle Bannister, Senior HR Business Partner by 27 October 2023. The contact email address is email@example.com