Full Time, Capenhurst, Chester
A vacancy has arisen within Technical Services for a Process Engineer reporting to Mike Gavin, Engineering Section Manager. The role will be based at the ETC office in Capenhurst.
- Carry out all duties to the highest standards of health, safety and environmental requirements
- Production of high quality written technical reports and specifications relating in particular to UF6 process system equipment performance and UF6 system definition
- Ability to provide technical solutions to resolve technical problems/queries, providing design substantiation, design basis and underpinning calculations
- Ability to promote/communicate design solutions to external and internal customers
- Analyse plant process, commissioning and test data and establish validated plant equipment performance models; utilise these models to define/predict process system and process equipment performance
- Develop and maintain specialist knowledge of all of the current UF6 system designs and UF6 plant equipment performance
- Ability to review Boolean Logic Specifications or equivalent in terms of process system design requirements
- Provide technical support to design reviews, ISA/HAZOP meetings and DCP/QDN completion
- Provide support to Cascade Development Specialist, this role will include development and training in the use of cascade modelling tools
- Capability to develop project proposals including schedule and cost forecasts
- Ability to manage project deliverables and provide clear status reporting to internal and external stakeholders
- Requirement for travel to European suppliers and other ETC/customer sites
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- A good quality degree or equivalent in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- Experience of working in the nuclear industry is preferred but experience in any large process industry is acceptable
- Knowledge of process modelling and simulation using tools including Matlab and Simulink
- Experience in the field of Process or Chemical Engineering design
- Good interpersonal skills and a high level of computer literacy
- An ability to speak French or German in addition to English would be an advantage
Firstly, joining Enrichment Technology Company Limited will make you a team member within a group of enthusiastic and motivated individuals, who share goals and take pride in their work, achieving great results.
Secondly, in addition to a competitive salary the package offers attractive benefits including:
- Company performance bonus.
- 25 days holiday rising to 28 days after 6 years’ service.
- Company Sick Pay
- Defined contribution pension scheme.