A vacancy has arisen within Technical Services for a Project Engineer reporting to the Engineering Team Section Managers. The role will be based at the ETC office in Capenhurst.
- Manage assigned work packages related to provision of equipment and services.
- Ensure effective communication with Client, project team members and supply-chain organisations
- Provide a liaison channel to other functional groups within ETC.
- Proactively plan and agree own work sequences and timetables in consultation with Project/Technical Services Managers.
- Support the Project/Technical Services Managers in the overall successful delivery of projects and work packages.
- Liaise with engineers and suppliers to ensure that equipment and services supplied meet all design, quality and technical requirements.
- Responsible for monitoring progress against project schedules to meet milestones and controlling cost against budgets.
- Ensure compliance with all the project procedures including involvement with generating specific project procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring that equipment and services designed and procured for projects and work packages are supplied to the correct quality, cost and project timescales.
- Monitor and control contractor and supplier activities through visits and meetings to ensure delivery on schedule.
- Manage the progress of contractor and supplier documentation being reviewed by engineers.
- Share and contribute to the high level of safety requirements on the project including participation in safety audits.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory and security requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- A good quality degree in engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a relevant design engineering environment.
- Experience of working in the nuclear industry is preferred but experience in any large process industry is acceptable.
- Awareness of and ability to apply contract management and contracts law.
- Good knowledge and experience of project management tools and techniques.
- Good knowledge and experience of planning and cost control tools and processes.
- Strong commercial and contractual awareness.
- Commitment to ETC and delivery of objectives.
- Sound financial knowledge and management of budgets.
- Flexible approach and willing to undertake UK and Overseas travel.
- Minimum Security Clearance (SC).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a high level of computer literacy.
- An ability to speak French or German in addition to English would be an advantage.
Firstly, joining Enrichment Technology Company Limited will make you a team member within a group of enthusiastic and motivated individuals, who share goals and take pride in their work, achieving great results.
Secondly, in addition to a competitive salary, the package offers attractive benefits including:
- Company performance bonus
- 25 days holiday rising to 28 days after 6 years’ service.
- All statutory Bank Holidays.
- Optional Working from home up to 2 days per week (subject to security and business need)
- One additional day-off every 4 weeks
- Generous flexi-time
- Flexi day-off once per month subject to accumulated working hours
- Company Sick Pay
- Defined contribution pension scheme
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like to apply for this role, please email Michelle Bannister, Senior HR Business Partner by 27 October 2023. The contact email address is firstname.lastname@example.org