CMS Engineer (Software)
Full Time, Capenhurst, Chester
A vacancy has arisen within Technical Services for a CMS Software Engineer reporting to Mike Gavin, Engineering Section Manager. The role will be based at the ETC office in Capenhurst.
- Carry out all duties to the highest standards of health, safety and environmental requirements
- Generation of bespoke software solutions for ETC products including documentation, code generation and test
- Liaison with internal specialists and customers to understand their requirements and to work collaboratively with them to develop a range of tools to meet their needs especially in the area of data analysis
- Development of existing and new products and services to grow new business opportunities
- Provide routine maintenance, trouble shooting and training support to customers for their existing systems
- Management of external suppliers for delivery of activities to support customer projects and internal development activities
- Installation and commissioning of ETC products on customer sites
- Regular customer interaction to understand their technical requirements and ensure that products are meeting their expectations
- Generation and management of documentation requirements including drawings such as network and database schematics, operator and maintenance manuals, commissioning procedures etc.
- Capability to develop project proposals including schedule and cost forecasts
- Ability to manage project deliverables and provide clear status reporting to internal and external stakeholders
- Requirement for travel to European suppliers and other ETC/customer sites
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- A good quality degree preferably in software engineering or related discipline
- Sound understanding of software design principles and concepts coupled to an ability to communicate effectively in a mixed level team
- Use of software and system modelling techniques such as state charts, UML and others
- Disciplined and structured approach with logical thought process
- Development capability in C# and SQL, with optional capability in C
- Knowledge of end-to-end build process automation and other tasks in the software development loop including scripting languages and installers
- Knowledge of working in an agile development environment
- Benefits of source control and application of source control with in a project using version control tools
- Coding styles and standards
- Knowledge of test driven development and ability to develop appropriate test regimes
- Knowledge of Cyber security measures, system back-up and recovery
- Good interpersonal skills and a high level of computer literacy
- An ability to speak French or German in addition to English would be an advantage
Firstly, joining Enrichment Technology Company Limited will make you a team member within a group of enthusiastic and motivated individuals, who share goals and take pride in their work, achieving great results.
Secondly, in addition to a competitive salary the package offers attractive benefits including:
- Company performance bonus.
- 25 days holiday rising to 28 days after 6 years’ service.
- Company Sick Pay
- Defined contribution pension scheme.