ETC Limited’s Graduate Development Programme (GDP) is for Engineering Graduates and is designed to provide rounded development learning for graduate engineers with no or limited experience in the nuclear industry to enable them to become a fully competent Engineer.
The GDP satisfies the Corporate Membership training requirements of the Institutions of Engineering and Technology (IET) and Mechanical Engineers (IMechE). It provides a flexible scheme of training tailored to the needs of each GDP Trainee and is designed to cover all entrants who are destined to become Chartered Engineers.
- 2 years of structured training across ETC sites to obtain the robust knowledge of ETC functions and processes
- Reporting directly to the Engineering Section Manager, you will also be appointed a Mentor and receive coaching support
- Assistance in chartered status accreditation upon completion of the programme
- The ETC Ltd Graduate Development Programme is accredited with the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (Monitored Professional Development Scheme)
- The ETC Ltd office is located in Capenhurst, Chester. The programme will require regular travel to other ETC sites in Europe at times, to achieve a particular learning objective
- Salary – circa £34,437 per annum plus benefits including 25 days holiday, pension scheme, company bonus.
You will learn to:
- Understand the role of all key departments in the Company including Engineering, Research and Development, Commercial, Manufacturing, Plant Operations and Safety
- Recognise all relevant aspects of the technology deployed and supported by ETC
- Apply fundamental engineering knowledge to the design and analysis of complex engineering systems and processes using state of the art modelling tools
- Manage complete work packages, including the preparation and verification of design and analysis deliverables to meet the customer needs
- Provide a professional and competent customer design and operational support service
- Support site installation, testing and commissioning
Qualifications & experience required:
- Masters Degree in Mechanical or Process Engineering with the strong desire to become a Chartered Engineer.
- Willing to focus on development of design and analysis skills in the field of fluid dynamics, heat transfer and process modelling
- A well organised, ambitious and motivated individual with strong team working skills, excellent written and verbal communication and problem solving skills
- As our clients’ sites are based globally, it is required that you will be flexible and open to future development opportunities abroad
- IT literacy in Microsoft packages essential
- Knowledge of the application of programming to process modelling would be an advantage but not essential
- Experience with Matlab, Simulink or other process modelling software would be an advantage.
- An ability to speak French, Dutch or German would be advantageous