A vacancy has arisen within Technical Services for a Mechanical and Process Engineer reporting to the Section Manager – Cascade & M&P, based at the ETC office in Capenhurst.
The role will support the provision of process design and analysis deliverables to projects and discrete work packages, with respect to Core Process Technology (CPT), in line with the Customer’s Functional Requirements, the principles of ETC’s Core Plant Design (CPD) and delivered to an agreed standard and schedule.
- Carry out all duties to the highest standards of health, safety and environmental requirements
- Production of high quality written technical reports and specifications relating in particular to UF6 process system equipment performance and UF6 system definition
- Ability to provide technical solutions to resolve technical problems/queries, providing design substantiation, design basis and underpinning calculations
- Ability to promote/communicate design solutions to external and internal customers
- Analyse plant process, commissioning and test data and establish validated plant equipment performance models; utilise these models to define/predict process system and process equipment performance
- Develop and maintain specialist knowledge of all of the current UF6 system designs and UF6 plant equipment performance
- Ability to review Boolean Logic Specifications or equivalent in terms of process system design requirements
- Provide technical support to design reviews, ISA/HAZOP meetings and DCP/QDN completion
- Provide support to Cascade Development Specialist, this role will include development and training in the use of cascade modelling tools
- Capability to develop project proposals including schedule and cost forecasts
- Ability to manage project deliverables and provide clear status reporting to internal and external stakeholders
- Requirement for travel to European suppliers and other ETC/customer sites
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- A good quality degree or equivalent in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- Experience of working in the nuclear industry is preferred but experience in any large process industry is acceptable
- Knowledge of process modelling and simulation using tools including Matlab and Simulink
- Experience in the field of Process or Chemical Engineering design
- Good interpersonal skills and a high level of computer literacy
- An ability to speak French or German in addition to English would be an advantage.
Firstly, joining Enrichment Technology Company Limited will make you a team member within a group of enthusiastic and motivated individuals, who share goals and take pride in their work, achieving great results.
Secondly, in addition to a competitive salary, the package offers attractive benefits including:
- Company performance bonus
- 25 days holiday rising to 28 days after 6 years’ service.
- All statutory Bank Holidays.
- Optional Working from home up to 2 days per week (subject to security and business need)
- One additional day-off every 4 weeks
- Generous flexi-time
- Flexi day-off once per month subject to accumulated working hours
- Company Sick Pay
- Defined contribution pension scheme
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like to apply for this role, please email Michelle Bannister, Senior HR Business Partner by 27 October 2023. The contact email address is email@example.com