Control & Instrumentation Engineer
Full Time, Capenhurst, Chester
A vacancy has arisen within Technical Services for a Control & Instrumentation Engineer reporting to Mike Gavin, Engineering Section Manager. The role will be based at the ETC office in Capenhurst.
- Carry out all duties to the highest standards of health, safety and environmental requirements
- Production of detailed technical specifications, including equipment functional specifications and control system logic specifications
- Generation of specifications and logic simulation programs for control system designs and simulation of control system performance
- Generation of specifications for control system hardware
- Working with subcontractors, checking and approval of detail design drawing
- Checking of suppliers’ test specifications and attendance of tests at suppliers’ factories
- Liaise with the Section Head and other specialist engineers within the section to understand the engineering requirements to ensure the satisfactory delivery of work
- Presentation of information for technical reviews
- Customer facing activities such as presentation of design information and demonstration of equipment or software at ETC or customer premises
- Analyse plant process, commissioning and test data and to establish areas for performance and efficiency improvements
- Develop and maintain core reference design standards for all aspects of control system design
- Capability to develop project proposals including schedule and cost forecasts
- Ability to manage project deliverables and provide clear status reporting to internal and external stakeholders
- Requirement for travel to European suppliers and other ETC/customer sites
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- A good quality degree in electrical or electronic engineering or related discipline
- Experience of specifying or designing control systems for a range of applications in process factories and the capability to produce high quality written specifications and reports
- Experience of work with a range of subcontractors in a multinational organisation and supervision of the provision of design information by subcontractors
- PLC hardware requirements including I/O capability, network communications and power supply requirements
- Control cabinet construction requirements
- Compliance with assessment standards such as UKCA, CE and UL
- Instrumentation design including measurement range, measurement techniques, accuracy and EMC compatibility
- Knowledge of PLC programming requirements and standard
- SCADA design and configuration including standards for user interface and alarm management
- Practical experience of equipment testing
- Good interpersonal skills and a high level of computer literacy
- An ability to speak French or German in addition to English would be an advantage
Firstly, joining Enrichment Technology Company Limited will make you a team member within a group of enthusiastic and motivated individuals, who share goals and take pride in their work, achieving great results.
Secondly, in addition to a competitive salary the package offers attractive benefits including:
- Company performance bonus.
- 25 days holiday rising to 28 days after 6 years’ service.
- Company Sick Pay
- Defined contribution pension scheme.